Tuesday 20 December 2016

Question 4 - Who would be the audience for your media product?


Based on my textual analysis, I decide to focus my film on teenage males and the horror genre. This is because based on the results i received, it appeared to be the most common, meaning i could focus on a bigger audience rather than. This is because based on all the research we did, we found that middle class, male teenagers are the ones who most commonly watch horrors and get the best experience. Many of my target audience would already be a fan of horror films and most likely adrenaline junkies. I chose to focus mainly on these as they would mostly receive the biggest effect of a horror film. They would get the most thrill compared to older people and as it's a horror, the age rating would be higher and so many teenagers would be egar to watch one. This allowed me to focus on what would gain their interest and cause them to view it. Based on my textual analysis I was able to see how old they were and do research as to what stereotypical males of that age would do. I had also looked into what the stereotypes of horror were especially character wise. This helped me in the filming side as my target audience would not only be interested in the genre and storyline, but they might also be able to relate to the characters through there rebellious and troublesome side, as many teenage males would try to show off and want to be rebellious as it was redeemed as being 'cool'



No comments:

Post a Comment